POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI : Re: POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:08:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 21 Nov 2000 04:38:08
Message: <3A1A427F.5843FFB8@ij.net>
Jim Kress wrote:

> Just got a new computer with Windows ME and was trying the POV benchmark
> (skyvase.pov).  I ran it two ways using the Standard download of v3.1g with
> the following results:
>
> 1) Windows ME command line   34 sec
> 2) POV  GUI                             43 sec
>
> Quite a large difference!

	The usual answer is the difference is the overhead of running a windows
OS. About 25% and a bit high but that may be the new ME. It runs so many
things as cycle consuming processes that you have to expect this sort of
thing.

	Object oriented. The entire GUI screen is an object. That little PPS
number in the bottom right is a daughter process. The entire screen is
updated for that little change. I didn't make it that way, Gates did.

--
When roads are removed from national parks it
discriminates against the handicapped.